Thursday 29 January 2009

often when i have broken up, the pain and restlessness brings on a lengthy bout of drawing and painting with an intensity that would be nice to experience when the heart is whole.
once when things were quite dire and i was at a loss to understand my role and the suddenness of the split, i did cartoons/comic strips of all my dismal thoughts: standing naked in front of the mirror questioning my low self-esteem or my skinny body; suicide in the bath; and countless cruel depictions of all his shortcomings and those of men in general. drawing blood and wounds was healing in itself. i still have the drawings; they are humorous and poignant. it is possible to lay them out and see my gradual return to the world and enjoy the details of the house that many of them were drawn in.