Monday 26 January 2009

1) I listened to the holiday mix CD you made on repeat for months. Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer" still makes me a bit emotional.
2) I got so drunk on coffee martinis that I turned up disoriented at my sister's at 4am. When I woke I'd being crying and being sick so much that I felt strangely calm and purged - except that my coat was covered in vomit!
3) I'd wake up in the middle of the night and smoke numerous cigarettes out of the window wondering why you'd stopped us.
4) I went out and fucked the first person I could, and in the morning I didn't want to leave her, not because she was anything special, in fact I didn't even recall her name, but because I was missing affection so much.
5) I was desperate to get you back in my life I invited you to move into my bedroom when you wanted to live in London, even though we weren't together. We lived in my hutch-like room for months until inevitably another room came up and you left - I was trying to control you.
6) I read your blog every day and told you I was cyber-stalking you. Only when you rejected my suggestion for Facebook friendship and my pals sat me down and told me my behaviour had got out of hand did I rein it in. I haven't read your blog since that day and consider this a major achievement of 2008.